The Dick King Half Marathon takes place 17 February 2019 from Hutchinson Park, Amanzimtoti. The event has two distance options: 21.1km and 10km.
Experience the exciting new route starting at Hutchinson Park off Riverside Road! Medals to all finishers and prize money to winners in each category. Race shirts optional purchase for R80 each.
Race pack collection at Lords and Legends Conference Room, Hutchinson Park, Amanzimtoti. 16 Feb 10:00 - 16:00 or 17 Feb 03:30 - 05:00.
All unlicensed athletes will be required to purchase a temporary license at R35.00 per entry
21.1km entry fee: R 120.00 excluding Race shirt
10km entry fee: R 100.00 excluding Race shirt
**Race shirts optional purchase for R80 each.**
70+ free race entry (proof of age is required)
Late entries will only be accepted on Saturday, 16 February 2019 at registration.
21.1km late entry fee: R 150.00excluding Race shirt
10km late entry fee: R 120.00 excluding Race shirt
**Late Race shirts optional purchase for R100 each.**
Entry tags and race packs can be collected on race weekend at Lords and Legends Conference Room, at Hutchison Park, in Amanzimtoti on Saturday, 16 February from 10h00 until 16h00 or on Sunday, the 17 February from 03h30 until 05h00 at the Amanzimtoti Athletic Club House.
A minimum age on race day is 14 years for the 10km and 16 years for the 21.1km. All participants under the 18 years of age, must have parental consent to participate in this event.
Prize giving will be held at 09h30.
Race Rules and Regulations
1. The race will be run subjected to the rules of the IAAF, ASA and the Kwazulu-Natal Athletics.
2. Club colours must be worn by licensed athletes.
3. All licensed runners are required to participate in the race displaying the 2019 license numbers on the front and back of their vests / crop tops with the race numbers displayed over the front license.
4. All unlicensed entrants require a temporary license cost of R35 which will be worn on the back of the vest / crop top with the race number.
5. Unlicensed entrants to wear plain colour vests with no advertising.
6. ASA / KZNA age category and walkers tags (60mm to 80mm) must be worn on the front and back of the vest / crop top and must be clearly visible to claim age category and walker prizes.
7. Proof of age MUST BE PRODUCED if entrant qualifies for a prize category.
8. Foreign athletes must abide by IAAF Rule 4.2 and 142 and ASA Rule 9.
9. Personal seconding not permitted and may only occur within 100m of the delineated area established by the organisers.
10. Pacing is not permitted between age / gender categories when either runner wants to be eligible for any prizes.
11. Traffic Officers, Race Officials and Marshalls to be obeyed at all times.
12. All entrants participate at their own risk. Organisers and sponsors will not be held responsible for any loss or injury or as a result of the race, property lost or damage on the course or in the changing areas. Temporary licensed athletes are not covered by ASA Insurance Policy.
13. LITTER ZONES WILL BE ENFORCED AT ALL WATER TABLES AS PER RULE 28. A total of 6 water tables with water and coke.
14. Cut off: 2.5 hours for 10km and 3.5 hours for 21km.
15. No Refunds.
16. ASA Rule 34.10.6. For safety reasons the use of personal music players or other devices with headphones is not allowed. Any person using such device shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes and may be disqualified without a warning.
Directions to Hutchison Park
Take the N2 south from Durban. Take the Adams Road turn off. Turn right into Adams Road. Turn left into Isundu Drive which becomes Hutchison Road and cross the Toti River. At the T-Junction, turn right into Riverside Road. Turn right into Hutchison Park after +/- 300m.
Contact Number: 082 703 9454
WE REGRET THAT DICK KING 2019 RACE HAS BEEN CANCELLED
APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED